Grandmother Gift Ideas | Tampa Bay Florida
Finding that Perfect Mother’s Day gift can be challenging right?! Well I have a few ideas for you!! I know what your thinking Mother’s Day isn’t for another 2 months but NOW is the time to start thinking about what you want to give Mom and Grandma!!
As a photographer I naturally go towards photography related gifts. I love photography gifts because they are unique and personal. Well at least I think so ! I used to struggle every year with what to get Grandma and we have 3 sets of grandparents and 2 sets of great grandparents so I have always tried to start early. Notice the word tried; that means I’m often up late nights putting these gifts together; but I’m sure you will be much better then me !!
Perfect Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
“Perfect” that’s a strong word don’t you think? Yeah, me too I guess what I mean is LOVED Mother’s Day gifts. As you might guess, I am always taking photos of our kiddos and probably 10 years ago I solved one of my biggest struggles every year, finding that perfect Mother’s Day gift. I started making each Grandmother a yearly photo album and guess what they LOVED them. I highly recommend using a professional printer for all your photographic needs, one that I like to refer my clients to is MPIX
My photo books have evolved greatly over the past 10 years so here are some of my Pro Tips:
- Dedicate 1 page to each child. List important fact about your child, best friend, hobbies, special accomplishments. I like to include their school, grade I write a little bio up to summarize their year. Obviously include photos that really highlight this child.
- Dedicate 1 page to all the family birthdays that year.
- Cover each holiday, including photos with other family members.
- Mix in professional portraits with candid photos. Just make sure that you have copy right release to reprint those photos!! When you purchase a digital from me, you will be e-mailed a copy right to print your own portraits.
- Have FUN !! When you see your families past year in print I bet your going to want to print one for yourself too!
My other favorite gift, which I give the great grandparents every year is a photo calendar. I typically send this at Christmas time, since you know the new year begins in January. This is a simpler project then the photos books. You can even add a special gift card to certain months, like when they flip to May for Mother’s Day you can have already placed a gift card for their favorite restaurant. OR a $5 Coffee Gift card on February for Valentine’s day or just a long winter pick me up . You can have all sorts of fun with these!!
My Pro – Tips for making a Calendar:
- Add all the family birthday on the calendar .
- Make the photo relevant to the month. So in October I typically include Halloween, and a photo of me since that is my birthday month.
- Summer fun can go in the summer months
- Back to school photos go in September for us even though we start back in August, since we have a birthday girl in August!
- HAVE FUN!!
My final Mother’s Day gift suggestion is photo magnets. If you have that print release from your photographer you can easily have the photo printed on a magnet at MPIX. I have 4 photo magnets on my fridge and they are so useful.
If you have any tips that you would like to share I would love to hear!!